7 Ph.D. positions are available under the supervision of Prof. Paolo Galli from Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca and Director of Marhe, Marine Research and High Education Center, and Dr. Athanassia Athanassiou and Dr. Despina Fragouli from ISTITUTO ITALIANO DI TECNOLOGIA.
The seven cutting-edge projects will move among different fields to face several environmental issues. Innovative approaches will be proposed to save the sea biodiversity and address the #SDG14 #lifebelowater.
- “The legal basis for representative networks of marine protected areas and the implementation of other effective area-based conservation measures in the Maldives and the wider Indian Ocean region” *
- “Marine protected areas: socio-spatial patterns and environmental conflicts” *
- ”Using marine environmental DNA for biodiversity monitoring and conservation planning” *
- “Ocean bioprospecting: exploring the pharmaceutical potential of tropical corals” *
- “Advanced materials for coral protection, healing, and restoration” **Aggiungi contenuto
- “Bioinspired robots for marine biodiversity” **
- “Effects of the environmental pollution to sea microfauna and corals” **
The deadline for application is 29 July 2022, 12:00 hrs
* University scholarship, co-sponsored ex DM 351, 9 april 2022
** * Sponsored by IIT (Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia)